Our team has been involved with the Association of Woolworths Employees (AWE) since 2010. For over 20 years AWE has provided numerous benefits to employees of Woolworths and Safeway supermarkets. This includes discounts on events, travel and accommodation together with an annual Family Fun Day.
In recent years, AWE has enjoyed significant growth in its membership and offerings to members. It expects this to continue in the coming years as it brings in more employees from the other members of the Woolworths group including Woolworths supermarkets, Dick Smith, BWS, Dan Murphy’s and Big W.
In reflection of their growth, AWE moved from being an Incorporated Association to a not-for-profit company limited by guarantee in 2013. Our team has enjoyed assisting AWE with this transition and in particular the corporate governance associated with being a public company.
Our team has also assisted AWE with its other legal needs including:
- Privacy Act compliance to reflect the 2012 amendments;
- Online terms and conditions;
- Introduction of former employees to the AWE benefits;
- Re-brand to WOW Club;
- Development Agreements for its new website and back-end;
- Fresh Partnering Agreements with its major corporate partners and suppliers.